Quectel ~ IoT / M2M-optimized Cat.1 LTE Module - EG91
The EG91 is an LTE category-1 module optimized specially for
M2M and IoT applications.
It delivers power-enhanced performance and M2M-optimized speeds of 10Mbit/s downlink and 5Mbit/s uplink, and features low-power LTE connectivity. These make it ideally suitable for numerous IoT applications that are not rely on high speed connectivity but still require the longevity and reliability of LTE networks.
EG91 is fallback pin-to-pin compatible with Quectel UMTS/HSPA+
UG95 and UG96 module. This makes it backward-compatible with
existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks, which ensures that it
can easily migrate from LTE to 2G or 3G networks.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and
abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows
Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Linux, Android/eCall) extend the
applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M and IoT applications such as metering, wearable devices, digital signs, industrial routers, tracking and tracing, fleet management, smart home gateways and even drones.
Key Benefits of the Quectel EG91
- Low-power LTE connectivity optimized for broadband IoT applications
- Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- Compact SMT form factor ideal for small end products with tight space and extended operating temperature range
- Embedded power management unit (PMU) featuring ultra-low deep-sleep current consumption
- Simple migration from 3G to 4G with a flexible and scalable platform